Paco Serrano - Alegrías Course
In this in-depth Alegrías video course, Paco Serrano will teach you how to dominate all of the components that you need in order to play 'por Alegrías'. The course consists of 57 videos (including the videos in different speeds) in which you will learn:
- Introduction The Maestro's introduction to the Alegrías Course.
- 6 basic right-hand rhytmic variations To start out, you will learn 6 different fundamental right-hand patterns. These patterns will not only enable you to play the basic compas, but you can also use them for the singing accompaniment.
- 6 basic compasses and 7 variations Here you will learn the structure of the fundamental basic compas, with 6 basic variations. After that you will learn 7 variations that are slightly more rythmically and harmonically challenging.
- More compas variations With these variations you can extend your basic compas repertoire, which will allow you to break free from the monotony of the standard basic compas, by the use of interesting modern chords.
- 6 short remates The next buidling block in the Alegrías solo is the remates. You will learn 6 variations of short remates that start from the count number 7, enriching the basic compas with techniques such as the thumb-, arpegio- and alzapua.
- 6 long remates Subsequently, you can extend your remates by using longer variations that start from the count of 3. These 6 remate variations are technically more challenging and are played with different techniques such as arpegio, alzapua and picado.
- 5 variations of 1 compas In these 5 vídeos, you'll learn 6 short falsetas that last one compas each. Typically, these are used to give the cantaor a break and are very practical to apply when you accompany the cante (singing).
- 4 short falsetas These four falsetas last one compas as well, but you can now observe both hands closely with the split screen.
- 5 long falsetas To finish the course, you'll learn 5 long avant- guarde falsetas. Each one is played at 4 different speeds so that you can learn them step-by-step at your own rhythm. Furthermore, the split screen will allow you to perfectly observe the technique of the maestro.
- BONUS* Package: The Bonus package consists of 6 more videos. After showing us a beautiful 'Silencio' in E-minor, Paco plays four falsetas in alternative tone: two of them in C Major and two in A Major. The course ends with the Alegrías interview in which Paco shares his inside information, knowledge and experience.
- All of the music is offered in the 3 STEP LEARNING SYSTEM starting with step 1: a low speed video with a close-up view of both hands and on-screen TAB. Next is a low speed video with on screen rhythm (step 2) and finally the music at full speed (step 3).
- All of the the music is also carefully written out in scores available both in PDF and Guitar-Pro 6 format.
What our students say about our the Alegrías Course ...
" I love the mixture of authentic flamenco falsetas with rhythmic variations of the Alegrías Course. I am looking forward to Maestro Serrano´s next Course! "
- David Chiriboga (Chicago, USA)
" By the end of the Course, I was able to piece together my own personal concert solo in the Alegrías style. "
- Kurt Martinez (USA)
" Paco Serrano explains everything in detail, I fully recommend his Alegrías Course, check it out! "
- Philip Sangster (Australia)